- French (native speaker)
- System and network administration
- Designing the architecture, creating configuration and performing maintenance of mail server, shared network storage, server virtualization, and web hosting. Configurations integrate use of a database and/or a directory, users are authenticated and communications secured with encryption. Managing the network infrastructure: firewall setup and filtering rules creation, VLAN configuration, IPv4/IPv6 routing, addresses allocation and DNS naming.
- Software development
- My knowledge of various programming languages allows me to choose the programming model best suited to a project, to quickly adapts to standards already in use. I'm used to platform-independent development (script/bytecode) or Unix. My experience with Unix kernels as well as in the field of networks is an asset for projects in these areas.
- Web development and hosting
- Code management
- Deployment and use of tools to manage: source code, documentation and reported bugs. Thus allowing a good maintainability of the projects.
Research engineer in the CITI laboratory from system administration to software development.
- System administration
- Implementation of an information system for managing human resources and organisation
- Easing the configuration, access control and deployment of printers
- Deployment of a collaborative editing tool to maintain and disseminate knowledge
- Deployment of a version control system and creation of the necessary infrastructure for Subversion
- Implementation of a storage server accessible both from Windows, Unix, or a web browser
- Setup hosting for personal web pages
- Building a platform for hosting web servers using cyphering for publishing and protecting passwords
- Setup of replication and data backup on a remote dedicated server
- Archiving of data
- Enabling IPv6 services
- Building a virtualization infrastructure that allows users to test on their work environment before deployment
- Performing maintenance and security updates
- Keeping me up-to-date with new technologies
- Network administration
- VLAN management, IPv6 connectivity
- Address attribution and enforcing DNS naming convention
- Ensuring security with firewall
- Software development
- Creation of an Android application to collect WiFi signal and GPS location
- Addition of a parser for a simple automaton input language to Aorai
- Creation of a small inventory management tool integrated with information system
- Creation of web interfaces for account management
- Realisation of the 2nd version of the laboratory's website, debugging and enhancing the 3rd version
- Providing support to users
Expert engineer in the LIP laboratory in the GRAAL and RESO teams ; in charge of the technical part of Grid5000 Lyon.
Grid5000 is un multi-site grid platform gathering 9 sites geographically distributed in France. Lyon currently has a 250 nodes grid, with the aim of 500 nodes for the year 2006.
- Proposal, setup and maintenance of the information system and its documentation (Bugzilla, MediaWiki, ...)
- Editorial manager for the documentation
- Unifying the web services for the 9 participating sites
- Collaboration between sites on the technical choices to adopt
- Setup of complex configurations involving:
- Internet services: DNS, DHCP/TFTP, NTP, SSH, apache, postfix
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Ganglia
- Batch sceduler and deployment tools: OAR, Kadeploy
- Database/directory: mysql, ldap
- Core network switches and routers: Extreme (BlackDiamond 8810), Foundry (EdgeIron), Cisco (Catalyst)
- Firewall: filtering, proxy and NAT
- Assisting users (experimentation, demonstration, ...)
Network engineer in the technical team, in charge of the ZoneCheck tool.
- Design and implementation in ruby of ZoneCheck v2, a tool to check and diagnose DNS zone before their delegation.
- rewriting of a DNS resolver in ruby to fit the ZoneCheck needs to interact with the DNS at various levels (several levels of APIs, use of UDP and TCP transport layers, ...)
- Design and setup of a website dedicated to ZoneCheck development in an opensource model: http://www.zonecheck.fr/.
- Technical customer support for domain name delegation.
Expert engineer in the Resedas team at LORIA (FLAME project with Alcatel).
- Design and implementation of a Java active plateform dedicated to management. Prototype written in Java, final version written in C (due to the JVM inhability to kill threads).
- Administration and evolution of an experimental IPv6 platform:
- setup and configuration of PCs under Linux/FreeBSD and SPARCS under Linux/Solaris, 8 computers being used as routers
- configuration of a Cisco 3500 switch (with use of VLANs) and a Cisco 2600 router
- setup of a DNS for the (internal) subdomain rlab.loria.fr
- setup of NIS and NFS servers to manage user accounts
- Porting the ANEP transport layer to iPAQ
- Networks teaching (60h) at
Networks teaching (35h) at ESIAL and participation in the drafting of the subjects.
Expert engineer in the Resedas team at LORIA (Amarrage project).
- Implementation of the ANEP protocol over IPv4 and IPv6 in the Linux kernel; design of the socket interface (ANEP Socket) to access the protocol.
- Design of the Java interface to allow the use of ANEP directly from the JVM, and implementing it using the C/Java binding (JNI).
- ANEP MIB definition and enabling of ucd-snmp for ANEP.
- Administration and evolution of an experimental IPv6 platform (Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris).
- Design and setup of the initial version of http://w6.loria.fr/ (on an IPv6 enabled web server).
Engineer in the UnixWare7 networking team. The job includes:
- Enhancement and bug fixing in: NIS, NFS, FTP, libnsl
- new functionnality in NIS
- performance enhancement in NFS (kernel development)
- Y2K fixes
- memory leak fixes in multithreaded environment
- Modem autodetection enhancement:
design of the new autodetection scheme, and creation of the software developer kit.
- Source management:
created a synchronisation tool between CVS and ClearCase to ease local development.
- In charge of the SCO-ESIAL industrial project: slab allocator
organisation of meetings with the students, training on UnixWare and technical support during the project.
Assessment and installation of a firewall (Fwtk + IOS):
- Analyse of the network topology and creation of an installation plan for the firewall.
- Development of a Perl parser to automate the writing of firewall rules for an IOS Cisco router.
- Setup of an FTP and an HTTP proxy, and an S/Key authentication server.
- Writting of a document on the security policy in use.
TELECOM Nancy (aka: ESIAL)
193 Av. Paul Muller, 54602 Villers-lès-Nancy, France
Engineer school with major in computer science
1995 - 1998
Lycée Henry Loritz (Math sup / Math spé)
29 rue des jardiniers, 54042 Nancy, France
Preparation for the Competitive Entrance Examinations to French Engineering Schools
1992 - 1995